The Screen Capture tool lets you capture your screen while playing the transcript audio, helping you sync your actions with the narration for a smooth video demonstration. The recording then becomes the media for the selected scene.
How to use the Screen Capture feature?
1. Open the editor: You can find the Screen Capture tool in any video draft within the Reals editor.
2. Start the recording: In the scene where you want the recording, click the Screen Capture button:
3. Prepare your audio: A popup will notify you that your audio is being prepared. This is similar to when you hit the Listen button, but in this case, the audio will be used for your screen recording:
4. Choose what to capture: After clicking 'Start Recording', you'll be asked to choose the screen, window, or tab you want to record. Select your choice and then click 'Share':
5. Sync your actions with the audio: A countdown will start. At zero, the audio playback begins, allowing you to sync your on-screen actions with the audio.
6. Stop the recording: When done, click 'Stop Sharing' or the stop button on the screen:
What can I do with the recorded video?
After recording, you'll be given four options:
1. Trim Video: Cut your video to the desired length.
2. Record Again: Re-record if you're not satisfied with the result.
3. Use Recording: Select this if you're happy with the video.
4. Delete: Remove the video if you don't need it.
If you select Trim video, you can also decide how the video behaves if its duration doesn't match the audio playback:
- Adapt Speed: The video speed changes to match the audio's length.
- Freeze: If the video is shorter, it freezes on the last frame until the audio finishes.
- Loop: If the video is shorter, it loops until the audio finishes.
Once trimmed, the clip is processed and added to the scene. It will also be saved in your media library for future use.
Need any help with the Scree Capture feature? Send us a message.